|AstroLink.de - Shops - Buch-Tipps - Teleskope - engl. Titel
Philip S. Harrington
The Amateur Astronomer's Guide to Choosing, Buying, and Using Telescopes and Accessories
Whether you're shopping for your first telescope or your fifth, don't be surprised if you feel overwhelmed by the dazzling array of product choices, bells and whistles, and the literature that describes them all. That's why you need Star Ware.
In this revised and updated Fourth Edition of the essential guide to comparing and selecting sky-watching equipment, award-winning astronomy writer Philip Harrington takes you telescope shopping the easy way. He analyzes and explains today's astronomy market and compares brands and models point by point. Star Ware gives you the confidence you need to buy the telescope and accessories that are right for you and the knowledge to get the most out of your new purchase, with:
- Extensive, expanded reviews of leading models and accessories-including dozens of new products
- A clear, step-by-step guide to every aspect of selecting telescopes, binoculars, filters, mounts, lenses, cameras, film, star charts, guides and references, and much more
- Ten new do-it-yourself projects for building your own astronomical equipment
- Easy tips on setting up, using, and caring for telescopes and other astronomical equipment
- Lists of where to find everything astronomical, including Web sites and resources; distributors, dealers, and conventions; and corporate listings for products and services
Table of Contents:
- Preface to the Fourth Edition
- Parlez Vous "Telescope?"
- In the Beginning
- So You Want to Buy a Telescope
- Two Eyes are Better than One
- Attention Shoppers
- The "Eyes" Have It
- The Right Stuff
- The Homemade Astronomer
- Till Death Do You Part
- A Few Tricks of the Trade
- A. Specs at a Glance
- Eyepiece Marketplace
- The Astronomical Yellow Pages
- An Astronomer's Survival Guide
- Astronomical Resources
- English/Metric Conversion
- Star Ware Reader Survey
Philip S. Harrington holds degrees in mechanical engineering and science education. As a contributing editor for Astronomy magazine, he writes reviews of astronomical equipment as well as a monthly column on binocular astronomy. He is the author of the three previous editions of Star Ware as well as Star Watch, Touring the Universe through Binoculars, and Eclipse!
Wiley & Sons, 2007, 432 S.
Broschiert, w. num. figs.
» Online Bestellen
» Weitere Titel
Lieferung, Versand und Rechnung erfolgen über unseren Partner amazon.de
In eigener Sache
Der Aufbau und die permanente Pflege dieser WebSite passiert nicht von allein. Damit wir einen (wenn auch geringen) Teil der dabei entstehenden Kosten abdecken können, sind wir auf die Provisionen aus Verkäufen von CD-ROMs und Büchern angewiesen. So kann jeder zum weiteren Aufbau dieser WebSite beitragen!